Heat pumps enjoy great popularity in countries like Japan and are beginning to catch on in America as more and more homeowners realize the benefits a heat pump system can offer. Even in Indiana, where the winters are colder, heat pumps can be a good investment.
Here are a few great reasons why:
- A heat pump differs from a furnace in that it doesn’t need to produce heat in order to warm up your home. Instead, it manages this feat by transferring heat energy from one place to another. This allows heat pumps to reach heating efficiencies three to four times higher than traditional gas and oil furnaces.
- Because a heat pump moves heat, it can be used to bring heat into your home during the winter and out of your home during the summer. This means that you don’t need to worry about maintaining both a furnace and an air conditioner – a heat pump can function as both.
- With no fuel burning, heat pumps don’t produce fumes. They also don’t present a risk of excess carbon monoxide poisoning.
- The lack of a combustion chamber also makes heat pumps much safer, especially in homes with inquisitive pets or small children.
- With the growing popularity of heat pumps in the U.S. and the growing emphasis on environmental responsibility, heat pumps can add value to your home, so it may be worth upgrading even if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Heat pumps in the form of ductless mini splits can easily be installed for room-by-room temperature control.
- Advanced features, such as desuperheaters, are available for heat pumps. Desuperheaters redirects the heat from indoor air to your water heating system to help defray heating costs.
To learn more about the benefits of a heat pump system, call Mowery Heating, Cooling and Plumbing today!
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Brownsburg, Indiana and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “All-vectors/Shutterstock”