Portable humidifiers can be helpful during an Indiana winter, when constant furnace use can dry out the inside of a home. However, a whole-house humidifier will get even better results. Portable units have their advantages, but for ultimate relief from dry air, whole-house units win, hands down. Here’s a breakdown of the advantages and disadvantages of each type of humidifier so you can decide which system will best humidify your home.
- The basics – Humidifiers that are attached to your home’s HVAC equipment provide whole-house relief, delivering moisturized air through your home’s existing ductwork system, and releasing water vapor to every square inch of living space.
- Maintenance – These systems are generally connected to your home’s main water supply, so you don’t have to worry about proper water levels or delivery. It’s all taken care of upon installation. And a single annual maintenance check takes care of the system.
- Comfort –Because this type of system reaches all of the spaces in your home, you can be comfortable anywhere, and find relief from dry air – and the whole family benefits. Whole-house systems also generally come with automatic humidity sensors to fine-tune the delivery of moisture according to the conditions within your home.
- The basics – Portable devices are self-contained, and you can position such a system within a room, and it will deliver moisture into the air within that specific space.
- Maintenance – These types of devices require significant maintenance, including daily filling the system’s tank with water, and regularly cleaning the tank to remove buildup. As a result, portable humidifiers require quite a bit of labor.
- Comfort – The advantage of a portable device is that it can deliver targeted relief to a single space, but if you want to move to another room, you have to either move the device with you or enter dry-air space.
Choosing the right system depends mostly on your needs. If you desire an easy, low-maintenance system, whole-house capabilities and convenience, then choose a whole-house humidifier. To select from one of our high-quality systems, and take advantage of our expertise, just contact Mowery Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbingtoday. We proudly serving Greater Indianapolis homeowners.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Mowery services the Brownsburg, Indiana and the surrounding areas. Visit our websiteto see our special offers and get started today!
|Humidifier image via Shutterstock|