An HVAC service agreement is essentially a contract that serves one primary purpose: to ensure that regular preventative maintenance is performed on your heating and cooling system. A well-maintained heating and cooling system requires fewer repairs and provides a longer service life than one that is not regularly maintained. This improves energy efficiency as well, which helps cut your energy bills.
If you forgot to schedule HVAC maintenance, there’s no time like the present, right before the heavy cooling season. Often an HVAC service agreement ensures that your system is inspected and cleaned during the slower months, right before the heating and cooling seasons.
While cleaning or replacing air filters as often as once a month helps to ensure efficient operation, there are some things that only a professional can do. An HVAC contractor can identify potentially dangerous issues, such as incomplete combustion or a cracked heat exchanger, and has the tools and training required to properly clean and service your HVAC system components.
If you forgot to schedule HVAC maintenance, there are several important checkups that your system may not receive. These typically include:
- Tightening electrical connections and checking motors to ensure the system operates safely
- Checking your thermostat settings to make sure you’re getting the optimum efficiency from your system
- Lubrication of moving parts
- Inspection of condensate drain in air conditioner, furnace and heat pump
- Checking the system controls to ensure safe operation
- Checking the cycling of the system to make sure it turns on and shuts off as it should
- Cleaning evaporator and condenser coils in your cooling system.
- Checking the refrigerant levels
- Cleaning and adjustment of blower components
- Checking gas or oil connections, as well as gas pressure, heat exchanger and burner combustion
If you live in the Indianapolis area and forgot to schedule HVAC maintenance, call Mowery Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing to schedule an appointment today. Use the opportunity to discuss your options for an HVAC service agreement, so you don’t miss another important checkup on your system.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Mowery services the Brownsburg, Indiana and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!