If you’re debating between repairing and replacing an A/C, consider the many benefits that await you by choosing a replacement. After all, even if your air conditioner is less than a decade old, it could have a history of high repair costs. If a pending repair is estimated to cost at least 50 percent of the cost of upgrading you system, it’s probably time to say goodbye.
But don’t fret; the benefits of replacing an A/C may outweigh the negatives. Here’s what you have to look forward to.
- Lower energy bills: Perhaps the biggest benefit of replacing an A/C is enjoying more affordable energy bills. Expect to save hundreds over the season, especially when compared to an A/C that’s 10 years or older.
- Convenience: Tired of unexpected repairs and waiting days for parts to arrive? With a new air conditioner, repairs are few and far between. Plus, when a repair must take place, it’s likely that the part’s in stock because the unit is newer. This adds convenience to your busy summer schedule.
- Tax incentives: Qualifying central air conditioners can receive $300 in federal energy tax credits if the A/C is installed before the end of 2013.
- Eco-friendly: The energy conservation of newer air conditioners is a great environmental advantage. Plus, replacing an A/C that runs on ozone-depleting R-22 refrigerant with less environmentally harmful R-410A refrigerant offers an additional eco-friendly benefit.
- New warranty: Stop living from day to day fearing your A/C will finally give out. Replacing an A/C means you also get a new five-year limited warranty and all the peace of mind it affords.
- Better home comfort: The advanced technologies that allow air conditioners to be more efficient also make your home more comfortable. Expect better humidity control, fewer temperature fluctuations, and a constant flow of air with your new A/C.
- Improved air quality: If you have allergies or asthma, clean indoor air is imperative. Reduced indoor humidity and better filtration offered by new systems ensure cleaner air from day one.
For help deciding if replacing an A/C is worth it, please contact us at Mowery Heating, Cooling and Plumbing today. We provide quality HVAC services to the Indianapolis area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Brownsburg, Indiana and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image courtesy of Shutterstock