The environment within your home is important, not only from an indoor air-quality standpoint, but also because your comfort depends on it, as far as the temperature is concerned. It’s inevitable that at some point, you’ll need to hire an expert to service, repair or install your HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) equipment, including your furnace, heat pump, fireplace, geothermal equipment or your air conditioning. However, you may not be sure what questions to ask or what information to get so that you can select the best HVAC contractor for your job.
Here are five simple steps that you can take to help make your decision a little easier:
- Ask for references. A reputable contractor will be more than happy to give you references so that you can talk to other homeowners about the work that the contractor did for them. Be sure to follow through with a call to those references, and don’t hesitate to ask questions about the contractor’s performance and professionalism.
- Inquire about experience. Consider hiring an HVAC contractor that has been in the business for more than a couple of years. A company that is well-established and has experienced technicians is worth its weight in gold.
- Check the contractor’s license. In the city of Indianapolis, you can view a list of all certified and licensed HVAC, plumbing and general contractors online at no cost.
- Look for a contractor who is can look after your whole home. Your home is more than just your furnace or air conditioning. You also may have a fireplace, air conditioner, outdoor grill or plumbing that need servicing, maintenance or installation. Rather than hire a separate contractor each time, and have to go through the process of obtaining and checking references and credentials each time, why not find one that can do it all?
- Find out about permits. Ask your potential HVAC contractor if he will attain the required permits for your project, or if you need to do it. Typically, quality contractors will do it for you, and hiring an experienced HVAC contractor will alleviate any worries that you may have about permits, as he will know the ins and outs of this important process.
If you are considering hiring an HVAC contractor in Indianapolis, give us a call at Mowery Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing. We are backed by more than 40 years of experience, and our highly trained technicians are fast, courteous, professional and knowledgeable in all aspects of indoor weather and plumbing.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Mowery services the Brownsburg, Indiana and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!